The Trustees are reopening the Village Hall from Monday 31 August 2020.
We have carried out a Covid-19 Risk Assessment and actions are being taken to mitigate any risk to those coming to the hall with additional Covid-19 Terms for hirers of it to support the steps that it has been necessary for us to take which are in line with government guidelines. The Village Hall will therefore be Covid-19 Secure.
We clean all surfaces at the hall between each hire and will be asking users to help us ensure that the Village Hall remains Covid-19 Secure by:
- Not entering the Village Hall if they or anyone in their household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If developing COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alerting Test, Track and Trace and our Caretaker Manager immediately.
- Maintaining 2 metres social distancing as far as possible or 1 metre plus mitigation.
- Using the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises and cleaning hands often.
- Avoiding touching their face, nose, or eyes and to clean their hands if they do.
- “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”.
- Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors and toilet areas.
- Keep the hall well ventilated.
VE Day Celebratory Dance
21 November 2020
If you want great fun celebrating VE Day then Potten End Village Hall is definitely the place to be with celebrations on Saturday 21 November.
Come and dance to your favourite genuine music of the 40’s era that will include Waltzes, Foxtrots, Ladies Excuse Me Waltz, Swing, Jitterbug, the Valeta, St Bernard Waltz, Military Two Step, Cha Cha Cha, Barn Dance, Cokey Cokey, Charlston etc.
In addition, there will be some original soundtrack reflections from those WW2 years but the main focus will be on party fun.
The evening will conclude with Vera Lynne’s famous song We’ll Meet Again! – because many arrive as strangers and leave as friends – followed by Land of Hope & Glory and The National Anthem.
1940s dress optional but warmly welcomed.
This is a fundraising event for the Village Hall so please do come along. It starts at 8pm and ends at 11pm (Doors Open 7:30pm). Bring own drinks, glasses and nibbles.
Tickets only £10 from Mike Wallis on 01442 865521 or 07891 760244 and email at email@example.com
Next Play – ELEPHANT ROCK
A new comedy by Kate Bramley with songs and music by Jez Lowe
From the great age of the steamers and through the heyday of the British seaside resorts the grand dance hall has stood proudly on the pier front attended by the greatest of all attractions, The Mechanical Elephant.
But now the holidaymakers have left for good, like the old Elephant Rock that gave the headland its name. And with the tides gnawing away at the coast all around, short of a miracle or two it’ll be curtains for certain for the old place but that doesn’t stop Nellie’s girls putting up a good fight.
Come and join us for a good chuckle and a song or two as we trace the twists and turns of the tall tales of generations of carnival women who kept the Elephant Rock dance hall doors open through hell and high water….